As a typical Frenchie, Dolly has a bit of a sensitive tummy so I like to make sure I know what’s in her treats and preferably, bake them ourselves.
She does occasionally suffer from smelly dog breath too. If you haven’t read my article on that, then please do, it’s very interesting read!
But here is our favourite recipe for Fresh Breath Treats which you can add fresh parsley if you have some growing in your garden. But don’t add mint. Dog’s don’t actually like that flavour.
Best homemade fresh breath dog treats – wheat free – no mint
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet/tray
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley chopped finely
- 1 cup Fresh Carrots finely grated
- 1 Banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Plain Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Melt the coconut oil. You can do this by simply leaving it in a warm place ( like by the stove)
- Put your oats into blender or food processor to make into a flour consistency.
- Mix parsley, carrot, banana, yogurt and coconut oil together in a bowl
- Add the oats and combine
- Make small balls in your hand and flatten. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) for 25 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack to cool.