When it comes to finding the best peanut butter for your dog, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to make sure that the peanut butter doesn’t contain any xylitol, as this can be toxic to dogs. You’ll also want to choose a peanut butter that is high in protein and low in sugar. Lastly, you’ll want to make sure the peanut butter is easy for your dog to digest.
I scoured Amazon for the best brands to buy to feed your dog peanut butter and here are the best ones based on reviews and our own testing:
This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a small commission at no cost to you if you make a purchase from one of my links.
Healthy Hounds Mutt Butter
Healthy Hounds Mutt Butter is a great option for peanut butter for dogs. It is a good thickness which made it easy spread on a lick mat or stuff with banana into a Kong.
Dolly loved it mixed with yoghurt in her Trixie Snake. Took her a while to get it all out which was great as it lasted for ages!
- Grain free – perfect for dogs with allergies or sensitivities
- 100% natural and organic ingredients – no artificial additives or preservatives
- Vitamins B & E for healthy skin and coat
- Thick, creamy texture that dogs love
This UK brand claims to be the only peanut butter for dogs without added oil. We thought that this bucket of peanut butter was fun. It was really smooth and had a great taste that Dolly liked.
It’s runnier than other peanut butters, but if you put it in the fridge it firms up into a thicker paste. Then you can spread or stuff it into toys as required.
- Only brand with no added oil
- 100% pure, formulated treat for dogs
- 100% protein, wheat & gluten free
- Dog friendly paste
Super thick peanut butter that really makes your dog work for it! It took Dolly ages to lick every last scrap from her lickit mat! It does contain Palm Oil, but from a sustainable source according to Duerr the manufacturers.
• Keeps dogs entertained for hours
• Good source of protein and heart healthy fats
• Contains vitamins B, niacin, and vitamin E
• 97.5% roasted peanuts
Pawbits Peanut Butter
Another brand with no added oil which makes for a runnier peanut butter, so when preparing stuffables with this brand you need to pop it in the fridge first to firm it up.
Dolly really liked this one, especially straight off the spoon in its runny form. It kind of dribbled into her mouth. She didn’t spend ages licking the roof of her mouth to get it off like some of the other thicker brands.
- Keep your pup healthy and strong with this natural, pure protein dog treat
- 350g jar is perfect for treats or meals
- 100% human grade ingredients and made in the UK
- No added oil, sugar, salt, or xylitol
Nuts for Pets – Poochbutter
Love this brand. Nice peanut butter and they sent a recipe card so you can make pupcakes with it! Another runny butter due to a dash of extra virgin coconut oil. But pop it in the fridge and it’s firm again. Dolly wasn’t as keen on the peanut butter on its own, but the pupcakes, well they went down a treat!
- Keep your pet healthy and fit with all-natural peanut butter
- No sugar, salt, or palm oil – just good, wholesome ingredients
- Xylitol free for a safe snack alternative
- Honey adds a touch of sweetness
No matter which peanut butter you choose, always supervise your dog while they’re eating it and make sure they don’t eat too much. Peanut butter is a high-fat treat and eating too much can lead to weight gain and other health problems.5 of the Best Natural Peanut Butters for Your Dog – Without Xylitol or Added Sugar Click To Tweet