It's so nice to see birds in the garden and at this time of year they are probably getting a little peckish. Here is a quick and easy eco-friendly birdfeeder to make at home to give them a little boost. You can use apples that have gone a bit wrinkly in the fruit bowl that you don't fancy eating to save them going in the bin.
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Jute Cord or string
- Straw or apple corer
- Slice the apple horizontally about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use the straw or apple corer to make a hole in the centre of each apple slice.
- Cut a length of jute cord or string about 18 inches long
- Cover each apple slice with a thin, even layer of peanut butter.
- Press the slice into the birdseed to coat the slice fully.
- Put the jute cord or string through the hole in the middle of each slice.
- Hang separately outdoors, or tie two or three slices on one longer lenthg of string.