We love to bake and it’s so easy to whip up some crummy treats for your best friend. Here’s our favourite recipe with oats and cinnamon for a warm autumnal feel.
These simple to bake cookies make a lovely treat for your dog. We've added some cinnamon to the basic recipe to give them an autumn feel. But you can add in your own preferred spice for your dog. Turmeric is also good choice for joints and mobility.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 12 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon ( optional)
Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C ( 160 for fan oven) 350 Degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, oats and
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and
pour in oil, water and egg.
- Mix to form ball, add more water, if needed.
- On well floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch
thickness and cut with cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place 1 Inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Once done baking, leave in
oven to harden for 2 hours.
Store in an airtight container for up to two months.