With Shrove Tuesday nearly upon us (Tuesday 16th February), it’s time to whip up some batter, flip up a feast and tuck into an obscene amount of pancakes. Now your four-legged friend can join in on the fun with this tasty dog-friendly recipe that even you can eat!
Quite possibly one of the best foodie days of the year, Pancake Day is a time where we can completely indulge in sugary, buttery goodness without feeling too guilty about it. But as with all foodie days, pet owners can’t resist giving their dogs a treat too.
Fortunately, Head Vet Sean McCormack at tails.com has whipped up a delicious pup-friendly pancake recipe, so you can make sure your dog doesn’t miss out on the tastiness.
Carrot & Chickpea Pup Pancakes
- 100 g cooked chickpeas (drained, tinned chickpeas are fine)
- 50 g 1/2 small carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour use gluten-free for sensitive tums
- 150 ml oat milk
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor and whiz for a few seconds. Add all the remaining ingredients except the oil, and whiz again until blended.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of batter per pancake into the pan, leaving a little space in between. Fry the pancakes for 2–3 minutes on each side until lightly golden.
- Plate up and allow to cool a little, and you’ll have your dog barking for brekkie