Carrots have many benefits for your dog and what better way to include them in their diet than in some crummy biscuit treats?
This quick bake carrot dog biscuit recipe uses your dogs existing dog food as part of the ingredients to add extra flavour without adding sugar and other nasties.
In just 1/2 an hour you can whip up a batch and keep them in an airtight container for up to three months.
We’ve used a bone shaped cookie cutter to make big biscuits, as well as using a knife to make some smaller treat sized squares.
Best ever crispy carrot dog biscuits – with sweet potato
- Medium bowl
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie sheets
- Cooling racks
- ½ cup ground dog food pieces grind up your normal dog kibble
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yoghurt
- 4 oz cooked sweet potato can be swapped for apple or pumpkin cooked and pureed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Grind the dog food into flour consistency in a food processor or blender.
- Mix dog food, carrots, yogurt, and baby food in a medium size bowl.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, mix well.
- Take a ball of dough and place on flat, floured surface. Roll the dough out to approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie/fondant cutters to cut out shapes. Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes, flip over bake for another 15 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container