It’s Sunday and we always go to dinner at my Mum’s for a roast from the Aga. There’s nothing quite like a good catch up in the warm kitchen whilst stirring the gravy and shredding the home grown runner beans.
I don’t know how it happened, but somewhere along the line a new tradition has crept in and I’ve been bringing along desert. Cheesecake to be exact. I’ll put the recipe on the blog later.
This morning I looked in the fridge and thought hmmm.. what can I put on the cheesecake today? There were a few strawberries that had seen better days and my favourite, blueberries, smiling back at me.
There weren’t enough to make a coulis but luckily I always have frozen berries to hand, usually for smoothies and for Dolly the Frenchie to have as treats ( it’s amazing how a frozen blueberry can do the trick).
So here it is, a super tangy winter berry coulis ready to pour over creamy lemon cheesecake later today. Enjoy! x
Winter Berry Coulis
- 2 cups berries ( fresh or frozen that have been thawed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add berries, sugar and lemon into a small pan
- Bring to the boil gently stirring all the time.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Set aside for it to cool completely
- Once cool, pour it into the blender
- Blend for about a minute until smooth
- Pour the coulis through a metal sieve too strain out any seeds and bits.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.